Got the chance that you have a blender at home with which you do not have a good relationship (anymore). Blenders often end up in a corner, mainly because it’s such a hassle. Yet a good relationship with your blender can bring you a lot! We’ve got tips on how to love your blender again, especially if you are comparing the options like the Vitamix 7500 Vs 750.
What do many people think of when they think of a blender?
- Forgetting to put the lid on, resulting in a wave of artificial vomit in your kitchen that makes you lose your appetite.
- Cooked at knives because it’s damn hard to clean without cutting your finger.
- You don’t really know what you can do with it because you’re more of: “I’ll see what I can do with it” than “Let me read that little book that comes with it”.
With the result that the blender ends up among the other ‘unused (I once got one as a Christmas present) kitchen losers.’ (This is beginning to look an awful lot like a Tell-Sell commercial, the only thing missing is a black-and-white video of an unkempt woman throwing her blender into the cellar, very annoyed)
Just get that blender out of the dust now!
Here are a few tips to make using the blender fun, You can make a lot of things with it, for example:
- Cocktails (the newer blenders even have an ice-crush function!)
- Pies with soft ingredients, if there is an ice-crush funtie on it even with hard ingredients.
- Your own dressing with for example yogurt, fresh vegetables and herbs.
- Fresh green smoothies
- Fresh green smoothies for more energy and to enjoy the healing effects of green vegetables and fruits.
- Delicious milkshakes.
- Sauces for pastas and chips.
- Tapenades for your baguettes.
- Baby food: Much cheaper than those jars in the store!
For blenders with a tap:
- Make a nice juice, smoothie or cocktail and throw in ice cubes, then put it on the table at a party and let everyone taste your blenderkunsten.
How to clean your blender easily!
- Soon after use, put half a pitcher of warm (not boiling) water in the blender with a few drops of dish soap. (Go easy on the detergent, unless you want to clean your whole kitchen right away!)
- Turn on the blender and blend it clean!
- Don’t overfill the blender with ingredients, then it won’t work at its best. Also don’t fill juice to the brim because the juice will get even thicker.
- One blender can do more than the other, just be sure to read that booklet.